We are seeking a Technical Designer, who will grow with the company. The candidate must be dedicated, responsible, and reliable.
The ideal candidate will need to be experienced in the luxury retail furniture industry drafting technical drawings, and have a keen eye for details. The individual will need strong communication skills and a positive can-do attitude. This person must be open to learning new and innovative ways in producing technical drawings for production from concept drawings, pictures or 3D models, but also consistently producing quality technical drawings in an agreed time frame will be key to successfully performing in this role.
- Prepare detailed shop drawings as per project briefs from project managers and as per BOQ
- Preparing drawing views according to the company CAD standards for clients, mall/authority and production submittals.
- Prepare and oversee electrical power system design with single line diagrams, wiring and elementary diagrams along with layout and circuitry design.
- Study, familiarize and confirm the design to the brand and mall guidelines.
- Conduct site surveying and as-built measurements based on project scope.
- Understand project details and provide timely briefs and clarifications to relevant departments where necessary.
- Work closely with project managers, production team and installation team during the design phase to ensure constructability and continuous design detail improvement.
- Produce bill of material/quantities and cut list for production.
- Prepare as-built drawings after the project completion and document and share the lessons learned with the design team.
- Be active in conducting and participating in design training initiatives for the design team.
- Suggest updates and changes improve the design processes & quality.
- Be a point of contact for any technical assistance or support within the Design dept.
- Work with software such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, etc., or any other as required by the company.
Joinery manufacturing expertise
Metal manufacturing knowledge is a plus
Experience in 3D CAD tool a plus
Programming language a plus. Apply Now